How to Install and Make Transactions with MetaMask Wallet
What is a MetaMask wallet?
Before seeing how to install and make transactions with MetaMask and how to connect it with Ledger Nono S, let’s have a few words about what is MetaMask and why it is so popular. MataMask is Ethereum web-based wallet where you can store, trade ERC 20 tokens and NFTs. It also allows you to interact with the Dapps on the blockchain as well. The wallet could work as a browser extension or could be installed on android and ios mobile devices. MetaMask is a pretty secure wallet. In this article, I will show you how to integrate your ledger hardware wallet for extra security. MetaMask is connecting to the Infura Ethereum node, so downloading of blockchain is not needed. If you want to explore Defi (decentralized finance) with some of the decentralized exchanges like Uniswap, 1inch, or Honeyswap, Metamask is the most convenient option. Installing the wallet is an easy and pretty straightforward process. I am suggesting the use of MetaMask with Chrome browser for the best experience. Let’s begin the installation.
- First, you need to go to https://metamask.io/download.html or enter it manually. When you are at the website, recheck the address. When you do so, click the Chrome browser icon.
2. On the next page, press add to chrome.
3. Press add extension to proceed with the installation.
4. Enter get started with MetaMask.
5. We need to create a new wallet.
6. On the next page, click, I agree.
7. Here, you need to create a MetaMask password. Make sure to write it down because every time you are login in with that password. Also, make sure the password is unique and not used before with other accounts and websites.
8. Click to reveal the secret words. Make sure to write down the 12 words and secure them in a safe place. The only way to restore your wallet in the future is with the seed phrase. If you lose it, you could lose all money in the wallet.
9. Confirm the 12 words in order.
10. Congratulations, you have installed MetaMask wallet!
Now when you know how to install MetaMask, let’s see how to add funds.
Receive and Send Funds in Metamask wallet
Receive funds in MetaMask
1. We already have MetaMask successfully installed, and the seed phrase is in a safe place. So now, let’s see how to receive funds in the wallet. The process is straightforward. First, click on the 3 dots, and after that, press account details.
2. On the next window, you have two opinions. On the first one, you could scan the QR code with the device where your other wallet is installed and send the funds. The second option is to copy the address below the QR code and manually paste it into the wallet you want to send it from. Make sure the address matches after pasting it.
Send transaction from MetaMask
1. To send a transaction from MetaMetamask is easy. First, click send after you log In to the wallet with the password.
2. After that copy, the address from the wallet you want to send the funds and paste it in MetaMask, and you are good to go.
Connecting Ledger to MetaMask
MetaMask is a web wallet that is connected to the internet. Because of that, your money is exposed at risk and could be stolen by hackers. Fortunately, MetaMask alow integration of Ledger and Trezor hardware wallets for extra security. I will show you how to connect Ledger Nano S to MetaMask. But if you have Trezor, the process is similar. By connecting hardware wallet to MetaMask, you could rest assured that hackers will not be able to steal your funds. They will need access to your Ledger device or its seed phrase.
Before we start, make sure your browser is updated, and your Ledger wallet is up to date. Ledger live App should be closed and hardware wallet connected to your PC, laptop (where MetaMask is installed). Unlock your Ledger device and open Ethereun App on it.
- First, click at the top right, and after that, select connect hardware wallet.
2. Connect hardware wallet enter the pin, and open the Ethereum app on the device. After that, select Ledger and click connect.
3. Chose Ledger Live (make sure everything with ledger wallet is up to date as I mentioned above). Chose account below and press unlock.
Congratulations, you connected Ledger Nano S with MetaMask. The picture below shows how it looks like when you open the wallet.
Happy Holding and good luck with the trading of your crypto assets!